Have you heard about the term vagina steaming? Probably yes or no! There are several misconceptions about it. Most women I asked, said it’s the practice of adding liquid antiseptic into hot water and allowing the steam cleanse your vagina. This is a terrible thing to do, the vagina is a self-cleaning organ and does not require any form of cleaning. Soap or any other form of cleansing agent shouldn’t be used in the Vagina.
Now the real vaginal steaming is an ancient practice that involves sitting over a pot of herb-infused hot water and allowing the steam to soften, tone and rejuvenate the exterior and interior realms of the vagina.
Now, this process has nothing to do with the vagina rather with the uterus. Here’s the idea behind this, the vagina tissues are absorbent and porous and when the steam goes in it softens them and opens them up – this allows the herbs to carry its medicinal properties and volatile oils into the vagina where they are absorbed into the bloodstream and finally into the uterus. The after results is increased circulation, thining of mucus and cleansing the entire reproductive system, therefore shedding unnecessary membranes and buildup. This helps the uterus function at its best.
The Vagina steaming is a simple traditional remedy which can also be used to treat the root causes of the challenges associated with the menstrual cycle.
This simple practice can also help with the case of unexplained infertility, which happens when there is an old residue of unfertilized egg lining the walls of the uterus which sometimes can interfere with implantation. In this case, the vagina steaming helps clear the wall of your uterus and increases circulation of the blood. That why I strongly advise you clear your uterine wall before trying to conceive
What are the benefits of a Yoni Steam / Vaginal Steam?
- Can Increase fertility, especially when combined with Mayan abdominal massage
- Help treat chronic vaginal/yeast infections
- Helps in the treatment of uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse & endometriosis.
- Helps in cleansing the uterine lining of old blood
- Helps in increasing circulation and blood flow.
- Speed healing and tone the reproductive system after childbirth.
- Helps repair of a vaginal tear, episiotomy, and hemorrhoids.
- Decrease menstrual flow as well as reduce dark purple or brown blood at the onset or end of menses
- Helps reduce discomfort, bloating and exhaustion associated with monthly cycles.
- Helps relieve symptoms of menopause including hot flashes and vaginal dryness.